ACT or American College Testing Assessment is a standardized test used for college admissions in the United States and Canada. The test is similar to SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test). Both SAT and SAT can be used for college admissions. In Thailand, some international programs also receive ACT score.
- English: it will test your English skill especially grammatical skill and language usage. There are total 75 questions, 45 minutes and each question has 4 choices.
- Mathematics: you will be tested your Mathematics knowledge since beginning to Grade 12 (high school). All calculators are permitted except the one that meets ACT requirements. For more information about calculator please visit http://www.act.org. There are 60 questions per 60 minutes, each question has 5 choices.
- Reading: Only you can do is read! You will be tested on your English reading skill. You will have to read short and long passages in different styles such as literature and short story. There are 40 questions per 35 minutes, each question has 4 choices. The time is very limited so you must carefully do the test.
- Science Reasoning: There are 40 questions with 35 minutes. Each question has 4 choices. You also have to do it quickly as the time is very limited.
- Writing: This part is optional. You will be tested on your writing ability in analysis, vocabulary and sequence. You need to correctly write and try to make it relevant. It take 40 minutes for this part.
HOW ACT be scored?
Where and When does ACT take place?
There are 5 ACT sessions per year; April, June, September, October, and December. You can register online at http://www.act.org. Fill your information and upload your photo, select the test session and pay. The cost is 84 $ (The application process 51$ and the international fee with the 4 copies of test result delivery 33$). The application can be 1 month in advance. The test centers in Thailand are International Community School, KIS International School, Nist International School, Ruamrudee International School, Grace International School และ School United World Coll Thailand
Private ACT class
Let make yourself ready for ACT. It requires many skills to get good scores since not everyone will be good at every skill. Some people may like calculation but are not good at language. Some people are good at language but calculation is poor. These problems can affect ACT score. The best way is to prepare yourself in every aspect.
Chulatutor is a leading institution famous for international programs. One of the famous programs is ACT. We design our course to perfectly fit your requirements. The course is full of academic knowledge and techniques. You can design what lessons you want to focus on and also your own schedule. Our school is ready to welcome you with relaxing and silent atmosphere. No VDO! We make your preparation easier and we share your troubles. With our concept “Easy to be expert”, we make you smarter.
|Private ACT class|
|Number of students||Hour|
|1 person||22,000 ฿||33,000 ฿||44,000 ฿|
( save 25% )
|33,000 ฿||49,500 ฿||66,000 ฿|
( save 40% )
|39,600 ฿||59,400 ฿||79,200 ฿|
|แถมฟรี 2 ชม.||แถมฟรี 4 ชม.|
– Private course at the school – you can select your own schedule.
How to Register ACT
- Open website https://global.act.org/content/global/en.html and select “Register for the ACT”
- For anyone who already had an account please click log in but if not, please click “Create My ACT account” to create your own account.
- If you ever registered for the test or have taken the test before, click “I registered or tested before” but if you have done nothing, click “I’m new! Let’s get started”.
- Fill your personal information; first name, last name (make sure your information on the website and on the id card or passport are exactly the same), date of birth, email, country, phone number, and then create a password in order to use the account in the future. Then click “I understand that by creating an account,………”, the system will allow you to verify the account via Email or SMS. Here, we will select through the Email.
- After clicking “Verify by Email”, the system will let you recheck your Email, if it is correct then click “Yes – send it there!” to let the system send the verification code to your Email. Use that verification code to fill in the box “Enter your code within 24 hours” within 24 hours. Then click “Complete my Account”.
- Fill in the Email and Password (you already created), click “Sign in” to continue the registration process.
- After you got your ACT account, fill the high school information; country, school’s name, and graduation year. then click “Next”.
- Click “Register for the ACT”
- Before the registration process, the system will provide you information about the registration. You will have 30 minutes to finish the process and you have to prepare a credit card, your high school and course information, your photo then click “Begin Registering”.
- Next step, the system will let you answer questions which are about ACT registration as follows:
– Where will you be testing? In the U.S. or Outside the U.S.
– Do you need accommodations to access the Act test? (For disability)
– Are you going to take the ACT writing test or not?
– Choose the country and the city where you want to take the test.
– Choose the test center and test date then click “Add to Cart”
- Click “Proceed to Checkout”
- The system will ask whether you would like to order preparation tools or not? Here, you can select whatever you want then click “Save & Continue”.
- Upload your photo and fill in demographic information about nationality, race, and language then click “Save & Continue”.
- Fill information about high school education then click “Save & Continue”.
- Fill information about your high school courses and experience or plan for 6 subjects; English, Math, Natural Science, Social Studies, Foreign Languages, and Arts. If you had already taken these subjects or you are studying, click “Took or Taking”. If you had never studied and plan to study them in the future, click “Will Take”. But if you had never studied and have no plan to study them, click “Won’t Take” and the system will let you fill information until you complete every subject. When you finish each subject, click “Next” to continue to another subject.
- Fill more information about college plans in the future which is composed of 4 sections; cost of living and financial during study or work, preferences about field of study and career in the future, expectations during college life, and the style of the college you would like to enroll. The system will let you fill information section by section. When you finish each section, click “Next” to fill another section.
- Next, the system will let you fill in college’s name, faculty or place where you would like to be received your score. This section is not compulsory, you may skip and click “Save & Continue”.
- The system will ask you whether you would like the system to send information to your parents or not? This section is upon your request, if you prefer you have to fill in your parents’ name and email. If you do not prefer, you may skip and click “Save & Continue”.
- Click accept Terms and Conditions at the check box “I understand and agree to the above Terms and Conditions……..” In this section, you have to scroll down to read all information about the Terms and Conditions to let the system know that you have already read the message.
- The last step is payment. Fill in credit card information and billing address then click “Continue”, the system will process to the confirmation.