SAT II is a college admission examination for both Thailand and international college. The test consists of 3 subjects;
- Physics – 2 parts 75 questions
- Chemistry – 3 parts 85 questions
- Biology – 2 parts 80 questions
800 points/ subject
Chulatutor opens SAT II private or small group. Our tutors are well-selected with Chulatutor standard. We make difficult things become easier. Too many Physics formula / Can’t decide which formula to use/ misunderstand the questions/ Too many Chemistry content/ Too many details for Biology…. These problems will be gone because Chulatutor will digest these difficult content for you. With our teaching style, we will summarize often found questions and guide the test. You can choose a course that is suitable for your knowledge background and you can also design your own schedule.
|Private SAT-II class|
|Number of students||Hour|
|1 person||22,000 ฿||33,000 ฿||44,000 ฿|
( save 25% )
|33,000 ฿||49,500 ฿||66,000 ฿|
( save 40% )
|39,600 ฿||59,400 ฿||79,200 ฿|
|แถมฟรี 2 ชม.||แถมฟรี 4 ชม.|
– Private course at the school – you can select your own schedule.
SAT II is a series of tests on specific academic subjects; Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The test is for students who want to study in faculty of science or faculty of engineering in international programs.
|2016-17 International SAT Administration Dates and Deadlines|
|SAT Date||Early Registration
|Deadline for Changes|
|Oct 01, 2016||Aug 22, 2016||Sep 01, 2016||Sep 20, 2016|
|Nov 05, 2016||Sep 21, 2016||Oct 07, 2016||Oct 25, 2016|
|Dec 03, 2016||Oct 19, 2016||Nov 03, 2016||Nov 22, 2016|
|Jan 21, 2017||Dec 07, 2016||Dec 21, 2016||Jan 10, 2017|
|May 06, 2017||Mar 22, 2017||Apr 07, 2017||Apr 25, 2017|
SAT-II can be applied 3 methods; Phone call, Letter, and Internet. Phone call and Letter is suitable for American students as you need to contact American test center in the US. For Thai students, we recommend you make an application via internet at www.collegeboard.com.
SAT II score for international programs in Chulalongkorn and Thammasat Universities.
|BSAC||chula inter||Applied Chemistry||450+|
( Study in Thailand 2 years and aboard 2 years)
(study in Thailand 4 years)
- First, open https://www.collegeboard.org/. If you already had an account, fill in your Username and Password to get into the registration system. If you don’t have an account, click “Sign up” and create your account.
- Click “I am a student”
- Fill in your personal information such as First name, Last name, Gender, Date of Birth, and Email. (please make sure that your information is as correct as on your id card or passport) So, you must be cautious when you fill in this information since the information can’t be edited after confirmation has completed.
- Fill in information about your high school graduation and follow these steps :
– Click “Outside the U.S.”
– Fill in your high school’s name or you can choose “I am no longer in high school / My school is not listed.” if you had graduated for a long time.
– Create Username and Password for your next log in (make sure you keep your username and password safe, you may keep note in order not to forget)
– Select your security question and answer in order to use for future confirmation, remember to use question and answer that you will never forget.
- Click “Outside the U.S.” and fill in your address into 3 lines (avoid using special symbols such as slash / and comma, as the system does not allow) Then, the system will ask whether you would like to be noticed from the website or not, if you prefer please click “Get text messages from the College Board…..”
- Click “Send me information about College Board programs” if you would like to receive news and information about College Board programs but if not you may skip to the next step “Parent Information”. In this section, the system will require your parents’ name and email. So, when you receive emails from College Board, your parents may have received copies of emails if you allow. This section is not compulsory but we recommend filling it if you rarely check your inbox. Then click “I agree with the Terms & Conditions.” and “Next”.
- Recheck and correct your information. If all information is correct, click each check box and “Confirm”.
- Now, you will continue to SAT Registration page and click “Continue” on the right corner below the page.
- The system will show your personal information once again. You cannot edit your first name and last name but you can edit your gender and date of birth. The system will then let you recheck your information, check, please make sure all information is correct as you cannot edit after your information has been processed.
- Fill in your high school details
– on Section “Your Expected Graduation Date” fill in your expected graduation date.
– on section “Current Grade Level” fill in your current grade level, you can select the grade by the drop-down lists. For other school types, you can compare to Grade level system such as grade 12 is equal to M.6, grade 11 is equal to M.5. Then scroll up to select your name of your high school.
- Click “Outside the United States” and select the country then click “Search for High School”. The system will have international school list for you, you can “Select” the name of your school from the list. For non-international schools or Home school, click “Can’t find your high school?” and continue ….
– click “Select” “My high school is not listed” for non-international schools in Thailand
– click “Select” “I am home-schooled” for Home School
- Fill in your personal information such as nationality, race, graduation level, parent’s graduation, language, and religious then click “Continue”.
- The system will ask about an extra service “Student Search Service”, the service will provide information about education, colleges/ universities, scholarships and etc. Then, the system will ask about a plan for Advance Placement, follow the instructions below and click “Continue”.
– For Student Search Service, click “Yes, definitely!” if you prefer or if not, click “No, thanks.”.
– For Advance Placement, click “Yes,….” definitely!” if you have a plan to study or if not, click “No, ……”.
- Fill in GPA and your ability in other subjects; Mathematics, Science, and Writing then click “Continue”.
- Fill more information bellows:
– Subjects you have learned: Math, English, Science, Social Studies and Languages, you will provide details about each subject, how long have you studied, what you have learned, when did you learn or when will you learn each subject. You continue filling one by one subject then click “Continue”.
– Activities or hobbies
– University for your further study
Information filling in this section will not affect to the score, you can roughly fill it as you want. When you finish each section, click “Continue”. If you have less time, click “Update later” to skip this step but do not forget to finish it later.
- Click “I agree to the SAT Terms and Conditions.” then click “Continue”.
- Click “Outside the United States” then select test type “SAT Subject Test”.
- Select your test date which depends on your registration period. The system will show only available test date and subjects you want to take. In each SAT Subject Test, you may choose maximum 3 subjects.
- Click “No” for a section “Testing Accommodations” and “Fee Waiver” except test takers who need physical assistance, click “Yes” for a section “Testing Accommodations” so the test center will provide proper services. If test takers prefer a service after test, click “Question-and-Answer Service”.
- About test center selection, select “Thailand” and click “Search by Country or Region” then select the test center you prefer. Most test centers in Thailand are international schools in Bangkok and other provinces. You can click “Select” at the test center you choose.If the test center is full, it will not be shown up on the list but you can click the button “Let us find you a test center” to let the college board find the test center for you. Then, the system will show a box said “We’ll Find a Test Center For you”, read and click “Continue”. The system will show test center table again, you select the test center you prefer and click “My Ideal Test Center”. The system will summarize your test center selection; you can click “Continue” if the information is correct.Note: You will be notified about the test center in 1 week after your registration and payment are completed. The test center can be or cannot be where you have chosen.
- Upload your photo. The size and dimension must be correct as the college board requires. Click the button “Upload Photo”, select the photo from your folder then properly crop your photo and click the button “Save Image” and “Continue”.
- Next, the system will present test preparation books if you are interest you can order from the College Board or if not, click “Continue”. Then, the system will sum up your information and photo, please recheck again.
- Next, check your payment and prepare your credit card and click “Make Payment” in a section “Submit Your Order”. The system will show the message “Confirm Your Information”, click “I agree with this information.” then “Continue”.
- Select the payment method and click “Submit”.
- Fill in payment detail and click “Submit”. The SAT Subject Test registration is finished and you will receive a confirmation email from the College Board.
When the payment is completed and the test center is confirmed, you can print your Admission Ticket. But if you are still waiting your test center confirmation, the Admission Ticket can be printed after the test center has been confirmed. This Admission Ticket will be used to confirm your identity together with your id card or passport. So, it can be printed whenever you want, just make sure you have it on your test date!
What are SAT Subject Tests ?
– SAT is college admission exams on subjects which provide an opportunity for you to show your understanding and skills in subjects you choose. One-hour-long exams are fair and reliable to measure level of your knowledge, interest and ability. In addition, SAT can help improve the quality of your university application portfolio.
What colleges require the SAT Subject Tests ?
– Most colleges don’t actually require SAT Subject Tests, but SAT can play an important role in the application process. Some colleges consider A-Level, AP, IB, ACT, and SAT Subject Tests instead of the regular SAT. Moreover, it depends on what faculties you will apply for and their admission policies.
Are SAT subject tests important ?
– SAT Subject Tests give students permission to show their expertise of subjects. The tests are scored on a scale of 200 to 800 and the scores are based on a nationwide scale. Thus, SAT scores are more reliable than GPA for colleges to compare students.
Can I take 2 SAT subject tests on the same day ?
– SAT Subject Tests are given on the same days and times as the SAT I. Therefore, you can’t take subject tests and the SAT I on the same day. However, you can take up to three SAT Subject Tests on the same day.
What are the easiest SAT Subject Tests ?
– It depends. The easiest subject for you is the one that you are most talented in. However, more students score 8oo on physics Subject test than on other science subject tests. So in one way, physics subject test is the easiest subject test for science.
What is a good SAT Subject Test score ?
– It depends on the college you will apply for. Many colleges are happy with scores of 650 or above, but highly ranked universities may need 750 or up to 800. Actually, if your score is in the range of scores the college looks for, it will be acceptable.
Can SAT Subject Tests hurt you ?
– SAT Subject Tests never hurt you, although they are not required for colleges. SAT Subject Tests always help you; they provide you a chance to show your best, skills and talents.
Do colleges see all SAT Subject Test scores ?
– Most colleges require students to send them scored directly from the College Board. With score choice, you can choose to send your scores by test date for the SAT and by individual test for SAT Subject Tests to colleges. You can ask College Board to send scores report to colleges you choose.
Are SAT subject tests harder than the SAT ?
– SAT subject tests are not harder than the regular SAT. From statistically record, students normally get the best score on SAT Math Level 2 subject test especially Math Section, but not for SAT test.
How long do 3 subject tests take ?
– Three subject tests, which is a multiple-choice exam, it takes one hour each. Students can take up to three subject tests during the same testing date.
How much do SAT subject tests cost ?
– Individual SAT Subject Tests are economical price compared to the regular SAT, but if you have a plan to take two or three of them, it may cheaper. You have to pay a baseline fee of $26 for standard registration, plus $22 for each regular Subject Test and $26 for each Subject Test with a listening section.
What is the age limit for SAT exam ?
– There is no age limit for taking the SAT; students as young as 12 years old can also take SAT tests and have an opportunity to get high score in SAT. It may be considered as irrelevant time for taking college admission test.
When should you start preparing for SAT ?
– You should start prepare your SAT early. About 3-4 months before taking SAT, you should do practices or past papers; those can guide you the way the SAT tests will be.
Is the SAT Chemistry Subject Test hard ?
– The Chemistry SAT Test is like most of the SAT Subject Tests which is pretty difficult. Students will be expected to solve problems in a very short time. Most high school students prepare themselves for SAT Chemistry Subject with prep books, online aids or even extra resource material.
Is there chemistry on the SAT ?
– Yes, there is the SAT Chemistry Subject Test which is an hour-long with multiple-choice exam. It contains 85 questions and is scored out of 800. It’s offered on all the regular SAT test dates except March.
How do I study for SAT chemistry ?
– First of all, you should review relationship analysis questions, a special section of questions at the end of the exam. It consists of two statements formatted as “Statement I BECAUSE Statement II. The problems require you to determine their relationships to each other accurately. Then you should review all of theories to prepare you to try your best on SAT chemistry test.
Is 700 a good SAT chemistry score ?
– Although the highly selective colleges and universities that require SAT Chemistry Subject Test score of 700 or higher, 700 is a pretty good score. Some students get lower scores, but they are in the minority. However, very top schools such as MIT will look for scores well above 700.
What is a good score on SAT Chemistry Subject Test ?
– Generally, the average scores for SAT Subject Tests are higher than those for the regular SAT. For the Chemistry SAT Subject Test, the mean score is 666 (compared to about 500 for the general SAT math and verbal sections). Thus, 700 or higher score will be perfect.
Are you allowed to use a calculator on the SAT chemistry ?
– You are not allowed to use a calculator on the Chemistry SAT Subject Test.
How old is the SAT test ?
– The SAT was created in the 1920s. It has been as long as we can remember and has been continued to be a significant benchmark used by America’s best colleges and universities to select each year’s incoming freshman class.
What are the easiest SAT Subject Tests ?
– The average SAT scores are varied widely across the different Subject Tests. For example, on the SAT Literature Test, the average score is a low 580, while on the SAT Subject Test in Chemistry, it’s a 666. The SAT Chemistry is a test that precludes a number of students as so many students find the difficult subject. This makes the Chemistry SAT Subject Test a perfect opportunity for students to show how good you are.
Which book is best for SAT Subject Test ?
– It depends. In case you have a good basic on the subjects, you’ll need only a book providing you some past papers. In contrast, if you need to review all of knowledge to achieve a perfect score, you may need a book with more details not only past papers.
How long is SAT ?
– The SAT clocks in at 3 hours (3 hours and 15 minutes with breaks). And if you choose to sign up for the optional essay, the SAT takes 3 hours and 50 minutes to complete (or 4 hours, 5 minutes with breaks).
Is there physics on the SAT ?
– Yes, there are physics and chemistry as optional subjects for SAT Subject Tests. You can visit SAT Subject Tests for more information (College Board’s website). You have to appear in two subjects as per your interest.
How many questions are on the SAT physics ?
– The SAT subject in Physics is 60 minutes long. There are 75 multiple-choice questions. Every question has five answer choices. There are some independent questions, while others are grouped and ask about the same graph or picture. But you are not allowed to use a calculator on the Physics Subject Test.
What is a good score on SAT physics ?
– The average scores for SAT Subject Tests are higher than those for the regular SAT. The average score for the Physics SAT Subject Test is 664 (compared to a mean of about 500 for individual sections of the regular SAT). However, it depends on which university you plan to apply for. If you want a good chance you may need up to 750-800.
Is 700 a good SAT physics score ?
– A score at or above 700 on any test would be considered a good SAT subject test score at elite colleges (schools that accept 20% or fewer of applicants). If you’re not applying to elite schools, scores at or above mean scores (which are typically a little higher than 600) aren’t shabby, either.
Is biology on the SAT ?
– The College Board offers SAT subject tests which consists of three scientific categories: chemistry, physics, and biology. Biology is subdivided into two categories: biology ecology, known as Biology-E, and molecular biology, known as Biology-M. They are two separate tests, and you cannot take them both on the same testing day. These tests are not part of the SAT Reasoning Test, the popular college admissions exam.
What do I need to know for SAT Biology ?
– You can choose to take either Biology-E (ecological) or Biology-M (molecular), but 75% of the questions are the same on both tests. Both versions of the test are an hour long. It includes 80 multiple-choice questions that deal with topics ranging from cell biology to genetics to evolution.
How long is biology SAT ?
– The SAT Subject Test in Biology is one-hour long with multiple choices test given on biology by the College Board.
What is a good score on Sat 2 biology ?
– Generally, you may need to get the score on a Biology SAT Subject Test Score in the 700s for highly selective colleges and universities. Although getting lower scored won’t be considered as serious, but highly ranked colleges still admit the students with the score of 700 or higher.
How difficult is biology in college ?
– Biology is one of the most difficult college majors. Generally, biology coursework emphasizes hard topics including chemistry, physiology, microbiology, and biochemistry. Because of much more topics on Biology, these make Biology an especially difficult subject in college.
What is biology test ?
– It is either Biology Ecological or Biology Molecular. It can help you to present yourself to colleges that you are interested in. The Biology Subject Test assesses your understanding of the major concepts of biology. Biology test is an excellent way to showcase your achievements in science.
What is a good score on SAT subject test ?
– Actually, a good SAT Subject Test Score is one that fits within the range of scores your college usually looks for or accepts. Many colleges are happy with scores of 650 or above, but highly selective colleges expect to see a 700 or 750 or even higher.
Can you take both biology E and M ?
– Biology is subdivided into two categories: biology ecology, known as Biology-E, and molecular biology, known as Biology-M. They are two separate tests, so you cannot take them both on the same day.
How do I prepare for a biology exam ?
– Taking a quiz or reviewing theory can help you prepare yourself for the test. You can do this by using online flash-cards or taking a sample test. You can also use online biology games and quiz resources or take tutoring courses.
What should you wear for the SAT ?
– It is the best way to wear a gentle dress: try comfy bottoms like leggings or yoga pants and a solid-colored T-shirt with a sweater over it. Dress in layers to avoid getting too hot or too cold, and wear basic pieces so they don’t get in your way as you tackle your exam.
Is 770 a good SAT Biology score ?
– Yes, it is a perfect score. In general, you may need a Biology SAT Subject Test Score in the 700s for highly selective colleges and universities. Although lower score won’t be a serious thing, colleges always accept the one with higher score on SAT.
Are SAT Subject Test scores important ?
Yes. SAT Subject Test scores are used to show students’ skills and talents on each particular subject. Because of different standards of each high school, SAT Subject Test scores are more important than GPA. Therefore, colleges can compare students fairly. Normally, colleges require students to submit SAT Subject Test scores for consideration as part of the application process. However, some colleges require SAT or ACT in lieu of SAT Subject Test scores.
Are SAT Subject Tests hard ?
There are 20 SAT Subject Tests in five general subject areas: English, history, languages, mathematics and science. SAT Subject Tests are particular subjects, they are called self-selected subjects. SAT Subject Tests will be considered as hard tests if you are not specialize in the subjects you take. The point is you have to take the subjects that you are good at and are required for faculty and college you will apply for.
Are SAT subject tests harder than AP ?
No, not at all. AP is usually considered harder than SAT. The same thing on both tests is the content on multiple choice questions. The difference is in the AP writing sections students have to apply knowledge to situations in problems, and express theories and formulas on each process to solve problems. While SAT subject tests have no writing sections.
Are SAT subject tests like AP tests ?
No, not really. Although, SAT subject tests and AP tests both give a demonstration of opportunities to pass the college admission processes. SAT subject tests base the knowledge on high school level, whereas AP test is a college level test. Moreover, AP tests are scored on 1-5 scale, while SAT subject tests are scored on 200-800. For time duration, AP tests are 3 hours in duration, SAT subject tests are an hour with only multiple choice problems.
Are SAT subject tests multiple choices ?
Yes. SAT Subject Tests are 20 multiple-choice standardized tests given by the College Board on individual subjects. Each subjects take an hour long. SAT subject tests are designed to show students interests and talents. However, SAT subject tests also have a penalty for incorrect answers. Usually, SAT subject tests are offered 6 times a year (not all subjects offered on each date).
Are SAT subject tests necessary ?
It depends upon the policies of colleges you are planning to apply for. SAT subject tests are necessary for colleges that require SAT subject tests scores. Some colleges consider SAT subject tests as recommended, considered or alternative subjects. However, SAT subject tests are recommended to enhance your application. If SAT subject tests scores are submitted, they will definitely be considered.
Are SAT subject tests required ?
Many colleges required SAT subject tests but not all colleges, especially in the United States. Many highly ranked colleges require SAT two or more subject tests. Most college applicants probably don’t actually need to take SAT Subject Tests, however they can play an important role in the application process if you get high scores. You’ll find that some colleges have test-flexible admissions policies, and they are happy to consider AP, IB, and SAT Subject Tests instead of the regular SAT and ACT exams.
Can bad SAT Subject Tests hurt you ?
SAT Subject Tests are standardized for high school level knowledge. If you found they are bad, it means you have to improve yourself on that matter instead of feeling like they are hurting you. SAT Subject Tests never hurt students; they express how talented students are. They also strengthen students’ admission chances.
Can we take SAT subject tests without taking SAT ?
Yes, you can. The tests are completely different. Some colleges accept SAT subject tests instead of SAT or ACT scores. Because of the particular subjects, SAT subject tests can be used to show interests of applicants better than SAT. In the past, many colleges required ACT in lieu of SAT reasoning and SAT subject tests. But in the present, they accept SAT subject tests.
Can we use a calculator on Sat Chem ?
You are not allowed to use calculator on Chemistry SAT subject test. You may use calculator on your Chemistry practice. Actually, Chemistry SAT subject test mainly assesses on the majority concept of chemistry and the principles to solve problems. If you deeply understand on that matters, using calculator or not does not affect that much.
Do colleges care about SAT Subject Tests ?
It depends on the policies of each college. Many best colleges require two or more SAT Subject Tests; many others recommend or consider SAT Subject Tests. However, if the scores are submitted, they are always considered with flexible condition. It will be an advantage if you get SAT Subject Tests scores of 700 or higher.
Do colleges look at SAT Subject Test scores?
Yes. If you submit your SAT Subject Test scores and your scores are fit in the range colleges’ standardized condition. Many colleges will look at your score and accept them. Anyway, it depends upon colleges’ policies, if colleges require SAT Subject Test scores; it means you have to take SAT Subject Test. If colleges recommend SAT Subject Test; it means colleges do not expect your SAT Subject Test scores.
Do SAT subject tests matter ?
SAT subject tests are important and challenging for both students and colleges. Firstly, students have chances to show their abilities on particular knowledge; it increases an opportunities to get into the highly ranked colleges. Secondly, colleges can compare students by looking at SAT subject tests scores which are standardized and accepted worldwide.
Do SAT subject tests really matter ?
SAT subject tests scores help enhance students’ profile, thus they are really matter. High SAT subject tests score, especially up to 750 or higher play an important role instead of GPA, due to different standards of each high school. In the present, colleges deeply understand about that point, so SAT subject tests scores are more reliable and qualified.
Do you get a formula sheet on the SAT physics ?
No. College Board does not provide any formula sheet but you will get some constant, and you also cannot bring a formula sheet with you during the test. You have to review all chapters you have studied yourself before taking the test. All physical relationship of each formula, how to use formula to solve problems, or even units of each variable are all things you have to know.
Does Brown require SAT Subject Tests ?
Brown does not require SAT Subject Tests, but recommend. You can decide whether to submit two SAT Subject Tests scores or not. High SAT Subject Tests scores can be a positive performance for your own application. The absence of scores will not disadvantage students. If you are planning to apply for the Program in Liberal Medical Education, Brown strongly recommend one Subject Test in biology, chemistry or physics.
Does Duke require SAT Subject Tests ?
Duke does not require SAT Subject Tests, but recommend. All candidates for admission must submit either the ACT or the SAT. For students who submit the SAT, two SAT Subject Tests are strongly recommended. Students who have taken multiple tests may choose which scores to send to Duke. For students who send multiple test scores, Duke will use whichever score is the highest.
Does Emory require SAT Subject Tests ?
Emory does not require SAT Subject Tests, but recommend. Applicants can choose to submit SAT Subject Tests, AP, SAT or ACT in case of getting low on GPA (Emory require GPA above the average in your high school). High SAT Subject Tests scores can strengthen students’ application, particularly for engineering and medical school to compensate for GPA.
Does Harvard require all SAT Subject Test scores ?
Harvard does not require SAT Subject Tests, but recommend. Harvard requires SAT or ACT with or without writing and recommend submitting two SAT Subject Tests, except in the case of financial hardship. If you choose to submit Subject Tests, it is more useful to choose only one mathematics test rather than two. Similarly, if your first language is not English, a Subject Test in your first language may be less helpful.
Does UIUC require SAT Subject Tests ?
UIUC does not require SAT Subject Tests, it requires ACT or SATI. However, SAT Subject Tests scores can boost your application. Some UIUC’s department may require SAT Subject Tests scores in their area of study.
Does Umich require SAT Subject Tests ?
For Umich, SAT Subject Tests are required for some applicants such as home-schooled students. Umich requires ACT or SAT score that are sent directly from the testing agency. If you include SAT Subject Tests scores as part of your application and you have not been/are not being home-schooled, Umich will consider the scores only in light of how they might benefit your review.
How do I prepare for SAT 2 ?
SAT Subject Tests are measure particular knowledge and skills. Each subject take an hour long, with 50-95 multiple choices questions. The score are on a scale of 200-800. First of all, you have to choose which subjects you have to take. Then, you should do one practice test to check your readiness, after that plan your schedule for preparation. During that duration time, you have to review or study all knowledge that benefits you. Finally, you will be ready for taking tests.
How do I prepare for SAT Biology ?
SAT biology consists of two parts: Biology Ecological (Biology-E) or Biology Molecular (Biology-M). Biology-E mainly focuses on biological communities, whereas Biology-M is mainly about biochemistry, cellular structure and process. However, you can choose to take one of them. Then you have to review or study all things that are important to the test. Before going to take a test, check yourself with past papers.
How do I study for SAT Subject Tests ?
Firstly, you have to do a practice test to evaluate your knowledge. Then create your schedule and plan what you want to study. You can find materials online or take courses. When you start studying, don’t forget to do many more practices which can help you check your understanding. After that, you may set your goal to achieve. Then follow your plan until you become a successful person.
How hard is World History SAT Subject Test ?
Due to the differences in each high school, most students will find questions on topics they are not familiar with in World History SAT Subject Test. Questions are in form of quotes, maps, picture, graphs and table. Because of the varieties of the test, World History SAT Subject Test may be considered as a hard subject test. However, you do not have to get every question correct to get a score of 800.
How important are SAT Subject Tests ?
SAT Subject Tests are important for most of students; the particular tests can help express students’ knowledge and talents. It will be helpful for students’ application submitted with SAT Subject Tests scores. Although, some colleges do not require SAT Subject Tests scores, they will consider your competencies if you submit SAT Subject Tests scores to them.
How long does 3 SAT subject tests take ?
Each SAT subject tests is one hour in length with all multiple choices. Students can take up to three subjects during the test in the same day. For SAT subject tests, if you choose one incorrect answer, you will lose a fraction of a point. No points are deduced for questions left banks. If your final score is a fraction, it’s rounded to the nearest whole number; 1/2 or more is rounded up; less than 1/2 is rounded down.
How long should I study for SAT Subject Tests ?
It depends. If you have take AP, IB or AS/A-level, you can review all concepts quickly. Anyway, you should make a plan for studying SAT about 2-3 months before taking the tests. Then, start doing many more practice tests to make sure that you do not miss concepts. After that, you should revise all theories to make you deep understand all things covered.
How long should you study for SAT Subject Tests ?
In case of the one who is keen on sciences, it does not take so long for preparation. After making a plan before taking the tests, just a week to review all knowledge, a week for doing practice tests to find weakness, and a week to make sure about all theories and concepts are completely reviewed.
How many SAT subject tests does Brown require ?
Brown does not require SAT Subject Tests, but recommend. You can submit two of SAT subject tests. High SAT subject tests score will enhance your capabilities, but without SAT subject tests scores will not be considered as disadvantage students. However, if you are applying to the Program in Liberal Medical Education, Brown strongly recommend one Subject Test in either biology, chemistry or physics.
How many SAT subject tests should I take ?
The highly selective schools usually require two Subject Tests. Georgetown is one exception; they want to see three SAT subject tests scores. However, SAT subject tests scores are required differently by each academic program. If you are applying for specific programs such as engineering program, you should take Math and Physics SAT subject tests.
How many times can you take SAT Subject Tests ?
Actually, you can take SAT Subject Tests as many times as you want; there is no restriction on number of tries in SAT Subject Tests. In contrast, if you take too many times, it shows that you might not be ready and have problems to improve your scores. Thus, you should find your weakness in your knowledge gaps and prepare yourself before taking tests.
Is 600 a good SAT Subject score ?
No. A score of 700 or higher is considered a good SAT Subject score at elite colleges (schools that accept 20% or fewer of applicants). In contrast, if you are not applying for elite colleges, a score of 600 won’t be bad. Because average scores on SAT Subject tests are normally a little higher than 600. However, scores of above 700 can improve your application and increase your chances to be accepted by highly selective colleges.
Is 640 a good SAT Subject Test score ?
No. A score of 700 or higher is considered a good SAT Subject score at elite colleges (schools that accept 20% or fewer of applicants). In contrast, if you are not applying for elite colleges, a score of 640 can be acceptable. A score of 640 is pretty the same as average scores on SAT Subject tests. However, if you have a chance to make your score up to or above 700, you should try once.
Is 700 a good SAT Subject Test score ?
A score of 700 on SAT Subject Test is considered as a good score. Highly selective schools usually expect to see a score of 700 or higher. A score of 700 can help you express your skills on particular subjects. Therefore, colleges are provided the data about applicants’ college preparedness. As high as your scores are, the high expectation you will get.
Is 770 a good SAT chemistry score ?
Statistically, for the Chemistry SAT Subject Test, the mean score is 666. Hence, a score of 770 on chemistry SAT Subject Test is considered a good score for most of highly ranked universities such as Princeton University, MIT or Ivy League. Moreover, some colleges will accept a good score on the chemistry SAT Subject Test as part of their science admissions requirement. It means that you may take two years of science and do well on a science SAT Subject Test in a third field.
Is 780 a good SAT Subject Test score ?
A score of 780 is on the 90th percentile or higher, so it is a perfect score. A score can reflect your preparation, academic strengths, and specific talents. There is one more consideration when determining good scores on the SAT Subject Tests: the colleges you’re applying to. Your percentiles are comparing you with all students who took the test but not all of these students are applying to the same colleges as you.
Is it bad to retake SAT Subject Tests ?
No, it is not bad. You can retake SAT Subject Tests until you get your satisfied score. There is no limitation for taking SAT. Retake SAT Subject Tests has pros and cons. A good thing for retake the test is you will be more confident because you know how to improve your score. However, if you retake the test many more times, it shows that you may lack of preparation and readiness for academic admission process.
Is it better to guess or leave blank on SAT subject test ?
It is really complicated. Although, no points are deduced when you leave blank on SAT subject test, there are guessing strategies: elimination and estimation. If you can eliminate two or more of the answer choices and narrow down the question to two choices, you will have 50-50 chance. Moreover, if you don’t want to waste your time for calculation, you can estimate and eliminate wrong choices for calculation problems.
Is physics on the SAT ?
Yes, there is physics as an optional subject on the SAT. The physics subject test takes an hour long with all multiple choices. The test can evaluate your understanding in physics concepts and some of formula. Physics SAT subject test can show your interests and talents in a particular field, it can improve your application in admission process.
Is Princeton Review Good for SAT physics ?
Princeton Review is a good option to use as a guide. It includes 2 parts: practice test and targeted strategies for questions. There are techniques to achieve high score, practice tests and everything you have to know about SAT physics. Anyway, Physics SAT subject test is a particular subject that some students hardly understand by reading themselves.
Is Sat 2 necessary ?
Sat subject tests are used to test students’ knowledge on specific subjects: math, physics, chemistry, biology, etc. Sat subject tests are recommended, but not required. Students are encouraged to submit SAT subject tests scores for academic areas of interest. Because Sat subject tests are not required, thus students can choose which subject they want to take or report.
Is the Chem SAT subject test hard ?
No, from Chemistry SAT Subject Test Score Percentiles, 76% of students scored a 760 or below, nearly half of all test-takers scored 700 or higher with the average score of 666 (compared to about 500 for the general SAT math and verbal sections). For students who take Chemistry AP course, you will find Chemistry SAT Subject Test easy to get high score.
Should I send a bad SAT Subject Test score ?
No, scores of 700 and higher are considered as good. If your score is not good at all, you should prepare yourself and retake once. Actually, it depends on your decision about a college you are applying for. If the college is on top or highly selective school, you should try more to get a better score. Especially, if you aim to apply for a particular field like engineering or medical school, you have to get a top score to be accepted.
Should I take math 2 SAT subject test ?
It depends on colleges’ requirement on admission processes. It will be an advantage to get a good score on Math 2 SAT subject test. Most of elite colleges and universities usually require/recommend it. Even if Math 2 SAT subject test is not required, it can be helpful. Moreover, compared with math 1, Math 2 SAT subject test is preferred for most colleges.
Which colleges recommend SAT Subject Tests ?
Colleges which do not require SAT Subject Tests but recommend SAT Subject Tests are Brown University, Carnegie Mellon University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Emory University, Georgetown University, Harvard University, Princeton University, Rice University, University of Pennsylvania, and Yale University. Anyway, if SAT Subject Tests score are submitted, they are considered.
What is a good bio SAT score ?
Biology SAT subjects test consists of 2 parts: Ecological Biology and Molecular Biology exam. Statistically, 74% of test takers scored a 700 or below on the Ecological Biology exam, and 61% scored a 700 or below on the Molecular Biology exam. The average score for Ecological Biology Test is 618, and for the Molecular Biology test is 650. Thus, the score of 750 is considered to be a good Biology SAT score for highly ranked colleges/universities.
What is a good SAT II score ?
It depends. A good SAT subject score depends on the requirement of a faculty and college you plan to apply for. Some colleges expect score in a range that is standardized by their holistic admission. Some aims high score which is generally 750 or higher. Actually, a score that is above average score and fits the range of college you choose is a good SAT subject score.
What is a good SAT physics score ?
It is a little complicated to decide which score is good. For Physics SAT Subject Test, the average score is 664. If you get a score of 750 or higher, you will get more chance to be accepted from highly selective schools. Actually, it depends upon range of SAT physics score of each college you are planning to apply for. Anyway, getting high score always help you.