Express way to IELTS in 20 days# 10 – IELTS reading (Multiple choices, Sentence completion, Matching information, Summary information)
Express way to IELTS in 20 days# 10
IELTS reading (Multiple choices, Sentence completion, Matching information, Summary information)
Sentence completion task is similar to note completion but instead of phrases, you will be given sentences with gaps. The strategies of how to find the answers is like the multiple choice task, which I presented in the last in IELTS reading Day 1. However, sentence completion can be a little trickier. You should aware of the following matters:
- Write down the answers within the word limit.
- In some case, articles and modifiers are not needed.
- Make sure it’s grammatically correct. For example, don’t write down an adjective in the gap where a noun is needed.
- You may be asked to paraphrase the statement. So, you better work on paraphrasing and synonyms.
The sites given below are a clip explaining tips and remarks, a sentence completion exercise, and exercises on paraphrasing and synonyms, respectively.
Check this out :
This type of task is very similar to matching heading. You will be given several statements and asked to identify which paragraph these statements are extracted from. These are common problems and tips from www.ieltsadvantage.com.
- The answers can be in any paragraphs in the text and they do not come in order.
- The answers may not be the main idea. It can be anywhere in a paragraph.
- Irrelevant information may waste your time.
- Not all paragraphs contain an answer and some paragraphs contain more than one answer.
- Do this part last because you will already got through the whole text.
- Scan for numbers and specific names like people’s names or places.
- Be aware of the synonyms.
You can find full detail on common problems and tips for matching information, along with strategies here.
Check this out : http://ieltsadvantage.com/2015/05/01/ielts-reading-matching-information-to-paragraphs/
In this type of test, you’ll get a summary of the text with gaps to be filled. Summary completion aims to test your comprehension of the text. My suggestion is reading through the summary once before you begin. Important tips to approach this task are
- Since it’s a summary, the answers typically come in order of the paragraph.
- Identify which paragraph is containing the keyword.
- Make sure the answers you fill in are grammatically correct.
You can adopt the strategies from other type of IELTS reading test or go to this website to see different approach.
Check this out : http://yourieltstutor.com/ielts-reading-strategies-for-summary-completion/
ดูรายละเอียด คอร์สเรียนสด IELTS ได้ที่ https://www.chulatutor.com/ielts/
และพิเศษสำหรับ คนที่ไม่สะดวกเดินทาง หรือ เวลาไม่สะดวกมาเรียนสด TOEIC ที่ทางสถาบันสามารถเรียน IELTS Online ได้แล้วที่ https://www.chulatutor.com/online/ielts-online