Express way to IELTS in 20 days # 18
IELTS reading (Reading comprehensive test 1)
Before immersing yourself in the exercises, you should be familiar with the format of the test. IELTS Reading section is comprised of 40 questions to be finished in 60 minutes. The questions will be based on three reading passages taken from magazines or newspaper. You don’t have worry about the technical terms or that the content is far from your comfort zone because the articles are meant for non-specialist readers. Remember these.
- You won’t have extra time to transfer your answers. So, write all the answers on the answer sheet.
- If you are asked to complete a phrase, sentence, or summary note, make sure you the answers are the right kind of words and grammatically correct.
- Check and recheck your spelling!
- Don’t take too much time for just one question.
See what are the types of test in IELTS Reading section here.
Check this out : http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information/question_types/question_types_-_ac_reading.aspx
Apart from studying the techniques of finding answer, you should practice yourself to read faster too. And to be clear, I’m not talking about the speed of reading. I’m talking about how to understand the essay thoroughly in shorter time. Here are 7 tips to reading faster.
1. Use a pointer It is typical to be distracted while reading. Easy way to stay focus of what you’re reading is to mark the spot. Place your tip of index finger or tip of a pencil below a line or after a word and move it as you read.
2. Speed reading is about control, not speed It’s not about maximize you reading rate but it’s about knowing when to skip and when to slow down. You can use the pointer to control your speed.
3. Read without subvocalizing It means don’t try to read out the words because doing so is slowing you down. You should only subvocalize the sentence or phrase that you don’t understand when you read it first time.
4. Active reading It means that you don’t just read and expect that important message will pop-up. You have to know exactly what you are looking for. That’s why it’s important to read the questions first.
5. Know when to slow down Every time you read, there will be some lines that confuse you. This is normal so don’t freak out if you don’t understand some lines. Just go back and repeat them again, slowly.
6. Make the material more interesting Freshen up your attitude. Sometimes it helps if you don’t think you’re reading a test. Just think that you’re learning about a new stuff that you’ve never know before.
7. Reading rate comes with practice If you run all the time, you run longer. If you’re practicing a sport harder, you get better. The same goes with reading. You have to read more to read faster.
Check this out : http://thinksimplenow.com/productivity/7-keys-to-reading-faster/comment-page-3/
The websites with practice tests are listed below.
Check this out :
ดูรายละเอียด คอร์สเรียนสด IELTS รับรองผล ได้ที่ https://www.chulatutor.com/ielts/
และพิเศษสำหรับ คนที่ไม่สะดวกเดินทาง หรือ เวลาไม่สะดวกมาเรียนสด TOEIC ที่ทางสถาบันสามารถเรียน IELTS Online ได้แล้วที่ https://www.chulatutor.com/online/ielts-online