IELTS On The Go : 1
Techniques for IELTS Writing
Many students feel anxious when thinking about IELTS Writing part. They always worry about how to write it perfectly to get good points or how to make an examiner happy with your paper or how many points they should write in one essay so let’s see how to easily write an essay part.
We will start with the first part: Write an essay describing information from Graph table or picture (20 minutes and at least 150 words)
- Scrutinize thoroughly graph table and picture, analyze main idea what those graph table and picture want to inform and start writing an essay.
- Observe a unit, an amount, number or quantity of the information provided and see what it is about such as number of people, hours or percentage.
- Notice the essential information and write an introduction about that information since every essay always need a main point.
- Sometimes the given information is very delicate and can be written in many ways, sometimes the given information is not enough to write the complete essay so we must support relevant information we can imagine from the given information to make the essay complete for example the graph shows the increasing of population in the city and we can write more about the inclination of number of population in the future
- Put all ideas in order, think reasonably about which idea should come first and later.
- The first sentence is the most important which leads to the whole essay.
- Don’t forget 3 magic principles because a good essay needs introduction content and conclusion separating into 1-3 paragraphs, each paragraph has a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
- A conclusion sentence must conclude the whole essay and it is not always long and difficult but should be clear and concise to make a beautiful ending.
however, but, although, on the contrary, whereas
because, since, due to, thanks to, for
for example, for instance, such as, i.e., namely
after, before, until, meanwhile, since
so, thus, hence, therefore, consequently, accordingly
“Don’t forget to revise the basic skills for graph explanations in IELTS On The Go : 1”